- ***Independent Reviewing Officer Required****
A local authority I am currently working closely with is looking to appoint an IRO. The ideal candidate will have previous experience of working within any of the following teams:
- Child Protection
- Looked After Children Teams
- Residential Settings
In order to apply for this role you must have the following:
- Post qualified experience of managing or supervising i.e. team manager or practice teaching
- In depth knowledge of CP and LAC statutory requirements
- Chair and review multi agency meetings
- Diffuse disruptive behaviour & difficult situations
- Updated childcare legislation knowledge & local authority requirements
- Deliver business plan’s in connection with work you are leading on
Your key responsibilities will be as following:
- Single Assessments
- Section 47's
- Child Protection Visits
- Managing a large case load
- Writing reports for a variety of audiences
- Court work
- Writing Court Reports
- Attending LAC Reviews
- Attending Children in Need Meetings
In order to be liable for this role you bust have the following:
- HCPC registered
- Eligibility to work within the UK
- BA/MA/BSc/MSc Social Work, CQSW, DipSW, CSS or CCETSW approved equivalent).
- It is also essential that you be registered with the HCPC.
- Experience must have been gained post qualifying sufficient in order to settle quickly into this position.
- Reference Details to cover employment for the previous 5 year work history
- DBS on the update service or happy to process a new one
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career and offer vouchers worth £250 if you refer other successful Qualified Social Workers.
If you would like to apply for this position or to find out more about this opportunity please contact Zara Murray by phone at 0161 274 8234. Alternatively, you can email me at (email address removed) by attaching a Microsoft Word copy of your CV.
Capita Social Care Resourcing is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.